Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring is Coming!

Spring brings such a boost of energy with it.  It is only barely above freezing, but already my heart skips with joy outside as the snow sparkles and melts into the stream behind our yard. Birds are singing happier songs and the wind is starting to come warmer from the south again.  Soon there will be long evenings, bonfires and hotdogs.  I can't wait!

I am happy to have Derek back from his travels.  The house feels more homey again.  Being able to open the windows and air out the place is wonderful.  Sherazade is often in a playful mood, and Timmy is starting to make appearances out from under his hiding bowl and water bowl.  I wake up with more energy than I did over the darkness of winter.  It's no wonder that this is the time of year where I start to feel myself again.  From here until autumn, I really delight in the world.  Someday I will perhaps find a love of winter, but if I don't I suppose that's just the way I am.  The cold and dark and icy does not suit me, and makes me cranky, tired and scared.  Someday I will live in an area that isn't so cold and dark and full of snow, and then I can appreciate winter's brevity.

I've a lot of drawings and tattoos to work on this week, and paintings to paint as well.  I'm looking forward to it!  Today I will get a drawing on a board, and work on another of the Bougureau interpretations.  Plus tattoo a hibiscus flower onto an ankle.  A good start to the week!

While my energy level is increasing, I lack many words about it.  Not much to say.  I want to exprience the day, and get on with it!

No comments: